What is Laser surgery? How can it improve the eyesight problem of a person?
What is Laser surgery?
ophthalmologists will recommend laser surgery as it is beneficial for you and helps you in getting rid of eye problems. The doctor will treat your eye problem by using special light beams. So the surgery is safe because the doctor is not going to use any surgical procedure. After undergoing the surgery, the patient doesn’t need eyeglasses or contact lenses.
If you are suffering from eyesight problems, then you should visit the best eye hospital near you. Laser methods can also correct refractive errors. 4 refractive errors are mentioned below:
Myopia is also called nearsightedness. Patients suffering from myopia are unable to see the objects clearly that are far from them. The picture of any object focuses in front of the retina instead of on the retina.
This is a situation in which a person will see blurry objects from any distance. The light will not focus evenly on the retina of the patient.
Hyperopia is also known as farsightedness. The person can see the far objects properly but unable to see the close objects as it becomes blurry. In this, the person’s eyeball becomes shorter and the cornea becomes too flat. The image of an object’s focus behind the retina.
This is a refractive error in which the human eye will not be able to focus on any object due to aging. With the increase of age, it will make the near vision even worse.
What is the Laser procedure?
- Lasik surgery is a procedure that changes the shape of the cornea. A doctor uses a microkeratome to cut the hinged flap. With laser special designs the flap can also be created. The flap is then folded back disclosing the middle section of the cornea. Also from a computer-controlled excimer laser detach the part of the stroma.
- PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. In this, the eye specialist will remove tiny amounts of tissue from the outer surface using a laser to remove the cornea & reshape it.
- LASEK stands for laser epithelial keratomileusis. This involves both LASIK as well as PRK procedures. This surgery is beneficial for the patient who cannot undergo Lasik. There is no need for cutting flaps in this.
- LTK stands for laser thermal keratoplasty. This technique is used to cure astigmatism & farsightedness. To reshape the cornea LTK uses heat.
Are you a suitable candidate for refractive surgery?
There are numerous factors which show that you are not the right candidate for the surgery that are mentioned below:
- If you are experiencing any eye disease.
- If you are taking medicines like steroids, retinoic acid, and much more.
- If you are not above 18 years and much more.
Apart from these multiple diseases can put a negative effect on the results of Lasik surgery are mentioned below:
- If you are experiencing herpes zoster or herpes simplex.
- Ocular hypertension
- Eye injuries