What do you need to expect after undergoing LASIK surgery to correct vision?
LASIK surgery is the best option to correct vision. LASIK stands for ‘Laser in-situ Keratomileusis. The procedure is used as an optical method and it can address the refractive errors. When you visit the best Eye Hospital In Ludhiana, you will get the best treatment plan to correct your eye vision. With the Best Eye Specialist, you will get the best treatment plan. The LASIK surgery will help to correct the refractive errors like:
- Near-sightedness (Myopia)
- Far-sightedness (Hyperopia)
The patient with vision defects needs to wear contact lens and glass to address their vision issue. Choosing this surgery will eliminate the need to wear glasses and lenses. The focus will be put on the retina. The surgery does not result in pain and it takes 15 minutes to correct the vision of both your eyes.
What does it feel like one day after getting the surgery?
On the day of surgery, you feel anxious regarding the surgery and recovery time. On your arrival at the hospital, the doctor and staff will tell you what you need to expect. It is possible that you experience slight discomfort and sometimes there is mild pain. The doctor will suggest you take some pain medication.
Following the surgery, you need to take a rest in the recovery room and later you will be discharged. Following the treatment, you need to take a rest for 4 to 5 hours.
What to expect after laser treatment?
- After the surgery, the vision is blurry or hazy along with mild pain.
- You will be able to notice mild irritation and burning sensation in the eyes.
- Even if you feel the need to rub the eyes, you need to avoid it.
- The white part of the eye will be rid and mildly congested.
- The sensitivity to bright lamps and glares will increase
- You are likely to notice halos around light.
No matter which symptoms you experience, they are going to improve within a few days. You will be able to get back to your normal working routine within a few days. But make sure that you do not splash water, do not take steam, and avoid any activity which increases the chances of dust getting into the eyes. You need to avoid all these things for at least one week. It will take weeks for everything to get back to the normal state.
How should I take care of myself after LASIK?
- Make sure that you wear sunglasses when you are going out in a sunny space.
- Do not try to read too much as it will put a strain on your eyes and vision. It is better that you give them as much rest as you can.
- Do not play any type of risky activity or sports as it can damage the eye.
- At least 2 weeks after the surgery, you should not apply any type of eye makeup. Like mascara or kohl need to be avoided after getting LASIK as they have chemicals in them.
- Reduce the chances of bacterial infection by avoiding getting into pools or bathtubs.