What all do you need to know about dry eye disorder treatment in Punjab?
The eyes are one of the most crucial and complex sense organs in the human body. They help us to perceive the lights, visualize the objects, and depth of the things which are in front of us. Well, there are different conditions which are going to affect the eyes. For that, it becomes important that you give proper attention. We recommend you to visit the best eye hospital in Ludhiana. Your eye specialist or doctor will diagnose your condition and let you know whether you need to get cataract surgery.
What is Dry Eye Disorder?
Well, there are many eye diseases. Dry eye is one of the most common problems which people experience in their lives. Normally, the eyes have tears which help to lubricate them, keep the oxygen supply in a proper place, and keep the nutrition level right.
What are the symptoms of Dry eye disorder?
The symptoms of dry eye can indicate that you have a health issue. Getting a proper diagnosis from the doctor will help to understand the possible reason behind it. Additionally, people who have dry eye problems are more prone to having blindness issues and other possible risk factors. Some of the general symptoms which can trigger are:
- Eyes have a stinging or burning sensation
- The thread-like mucus in or around the eyes
- Abnormal eye sensitivity from wind or smoke
- Pain in the eye
- Cloudy eye-sight
- Too much tearing
- Eyes get exhausted
- Trouble wearing contact lenses
Too much tearing is going to result in dry eyes, however, it is how the discomfort is shown. The eyes will have irritation when the tear is not enough to perform the normal functioning. The irritation will lead to excess discharge. If you have noticed any of the above-mentioned symptoms, then make sure to consult the eye expert Without even wasting a single second.
What are the reasons behind dry eye disorder?
- Inflammation like allergies
- Not the correct way to use the contact lenses
- Bodily issues like lack of Vitamin D, Vitamin A, diabetes mellitus, and thyroid.
- Hormonal disorders like hormone replacement surgery.
- Autoimmune ailments like rheumatoid arthritis, and Sjogren’s syndrome.
- If you are using medications for a long time or you have undergone surgery that resulted in eye hypersensitivity.
How does the doctor diagnose the eye doctor?
- Complete history
- Slit-lamp examination
- Break-up time test
- Schirmer test
What is the treatment for dry eye disorder?
Once, the problem is diagnosed, the doctor will give the treatment plan. With dry eye treatment, there are 3 different levels.
- In the initial stage, the doctor will suggest you make lifestyle changes. In that you need to prevent smoking, proper care of eyelids, avoiding dusky, and having the proper ratio to blink.
- After that, you need to make certain lifestyle modifications so that your eyes are in the proper state.
- If there is a need for advanced treatment, then you will be given the treatment plan accordingly.