Best Refractive Eye Surgery In Ludhiana, Punjab, Refractive eye surgery is not for everyone but the surgery can help to reduce or eliminate the need for the dependency of eyeglasses or contact lenses. Different types of corrective surgical methods are there and the most common one is Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK). With the correct diagnosis at our eye care center the patient can understand his or her eligibility for the surgery.
What is refractive eye surgery?
If you have a refractive error such as farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism, nearsightedness (myopia), or presbyopia, then refractive eye surgery is a method to improve or correct the vision. Different surgical procedures are there to correct the eye’s focusing ability by clearing the round dome present at the eye front or with cornea reshaping. The most prominent and widely performed type of refractive surgery is LASIK. During this procedure, the laser helps to reshape the cornea.
- Patients with nearsighted, refractive surgery techniques will reduce the cornea curvature which reduces the focusing power of the eye. Following the surgery, the images which are focused on the front of the retina, are pushed back directly or close to the retina.
- Patients with farsighted will have a steeper cornea to increase the eye ability to focus on the retina.
- Patients with astigmatism can choose refractive surgery which reshapes the irregular part of the cornea as it makes it symmetrical and smooth. The surgery helps to focus on the retina rather than being distorted due to light.
Who can get the benefit from refractive surgery?
This is a good option for those who:
- Hate wearing specs and want to be free from wearing them daily.
- Not having any eye-related diseases.
- Have proper refractive error.
- You should know that you might need specs after the process to achieve better results in seeing the things.
Consult the eye doctor at Brar Eye Center
Usually, there is no universally accepted method to correct refractive errors. Your eye doctor will decide the best option for you through an eye examination and proper discussion about your condition. The doctor will discuss your lifestyle and vision needs to select a suitable method for you.
Need a Second Opinion?
Are you or your loved ones experiencing changes in vision or any other eye-related issue? If yes, then visit us and get your eye examined and start the treatment for a better tomorrow.